- You can order books from Ibaraki Prefectural Library and other public libraries in Ibaraki Prefecture through University of Tsukuba Library.
- This service is only available at libraries in the Tsukuba area (you cannot pick up or return books at Otsuka Library).
- Due to collection inventory and the impact of COVID-19, some public libraries may not be available.
- Cost: Free of charge
- Arrival: 2 days to 2 weeks after application (the transport date is fixed, so it depends on the timing of application)
- Lending period: Approximately one month
- Examples of materials that cannot be borrowed：
Journals, rare books, reference books (dictionaries, etc.), large books, very old books, new books, audio-visual materials, etc.
- Depending on the library's policy, some materials may be available only in the library, or the library staff may make copies on your behalf.
Select application method
You need to apply for each book. If you would like to order the upper and lower volumes, please order them separately.
Please follow the same procedure as in the URL below.
When you apply, please be sure to write "I would like to order from XX library" in the "Message to the Library" field. If the form is not filled out, a fee may be charged.
- Private expense (There is no charge for interlibrary loans from libraries within the prefecture, although you will see the word "fee" in the menu.)
- Univ. Expence(there is no deduction from individual research expenses.)
Apply at the Library
Please fill out the Inter-Library Loan Application at the reference desk and submit it there during the reception hours of each desk, or send it by the on-campus mail.
When you apply, please be sure to write "I would like to order from XX library" in the authority column or in the blank section. If the form is not filled out, a fee may be charged.
Receive the book
We will notify you by email when the materials arrive.
Please come to the desk of each library during the reception hours of the library you wish to receive the materials.
It will be easier for you to receive the materials if you bring the email screen or your user ID (student or staff ID).
Return the book
- Return the book to the reference desk where you applied.
* Since the book is not held by University of Tsukuba Library, you cannot return it to the main counter or the book-drop.
- Materials borrowed through University of Tsukuba Library must be returned to us. Materials cannot be returned directly to public libraries.
- Be sure to return the book by the due date. (If overdue, you may be charged an express delivery fee.)
We will not be able to receive books that you have checked out yourself at a public library.
Please return them directly to the public library.
(Tsukuba Public Library only) If the transfer date falls on a national holiday, the materials will arrive about one week later.
- We are a member of Library Materials Network in IBARAKI. You can request books from Ibaraki Prefectural Library and other public libraries in Ibaraki Prefecture free of charge.
- We have an agreement with Tsukuba Public Library for mutual use. You can request books from Tsukuba Public Library free of charge.
- Prism No.117「Easy on the web! Requesting Books / Copies from Other University Libraries」
- Prism No.118「InterLibrary Loan (ILL) Q&A 」