What is Electronic Document Delivery Service (e-DDS)?
e-DDS is an e-mail service for receiving article copies (PDF file) from journals that the University of Tsukuba holds.
You can obtain articles without going to the library.
Please note that the sent PDF file cannot be saved. Please print it after opening on a computer connected to the campus network.
Conceptual Diagram (PDF90KB)
- Eligible users
- Faculty members etc. who can make payments with research funds (university expense /grant in aid for scientific research)
- ★Budget Registration Code(BRC) and registration for library web services required.
- →See “Home>Services (Library Guide)>Using Research Funds for Library Payments”
- We will notify you of the fee (\20/page, Regardless of black and white or color), but this service will be paid at the whole university common expenses.
There is no individual research expenses payment.
- Library materials available for copying
- Journals that the library holds
* Library materials not available for copying: books, the latest issue of a journal, journals out on loan to library materials rooms for major etc.
- How to get
- * The off-campus article copy request and e-DDS application methods have been integrated since 7th April, 2021.
Please see "Inter-Library Loan: Books/Articles (Univ. Expence)" for the application procedure.
Once the arrangement is complete, we will email you the URL to access the file.
Precautions for use
- Library staff will scan the requested articles into PDF files.
Scanning will basically be done as a two-page spread. The size cannot be specified.
- You will need a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Reader to view PDF files.→Adobe Reader（External Links）
- You can access the file from a PC connected to the campus network within 14 days from when the file was created.
Files will be automatically deleted after the expiration date. Please note that you will be charged even if you did not access the file.
*You can check the date of file creation from the URL. ../20070529/.. indicates that the file was created on May 29, 2007.
- The password for opening the file is your BRC.
- The file usage allows you to print only one copy of the file.
- Copyright Law compliance<Be careful with handling of files!>
Refrain from the following acts of copyright infringement:
- Saving PDF files on a USB memory or PC
- Printing multiple copies
- Disclosing the URL to third parties
- Handing out files or printouts to third parties
||Contact us by e-mail during the usage period
||Reissue Buget Registration Code Password/Change Settings for Library Web Service|
FAQ on e-DDS
Q)Can I apply to the holdings in library materials rooms for major?
A)No, you cannot apply for e-DDS. Please use directly according to the policy of each academic material room.
Q)Can I apply from outside of the campus?
A)Yes, you can apply from everywhere, but you can access the file from a PC connected to the campus network.
Q)Can anyone in the university apply?
A)Eligible users are faculty members etc. who can make payments with research funds (university expense /grant in aid for scientific research)
Q)Can I get photocopy of full-color?
A)Yes, you can.
Q)I have a printer which print up to size A4. It doesn't match to scanned size. How to print it?
A)Use "divided print" or "reduced print".
Q)Can I apply for a book?
A)No, it's only for journals. Please come to the library and use the book.
Q)Can I get PDF file from other libraries?
A)No. Because of copyright law in Japan, we cannot purvey any reproduction files from other libraries to users.