Updated on March 31st, 2023
(For visitors: Check this link)
Available services | Requests to users | Infection control measures of University of Tsukuba Library | For those who have difficulty coming to the library | For visitors (including Alumnus and Former-staff)
Operation from April 2023
|library||weekdays||Sat., Sun. and national holidays|
|Art & Physical Education Library||8:30-22:00||10:00-18:00|
|Library on Library and Information Science||
national holidays closed
Those not wearing masks will not be allowed to enter the library.
Please be aware that when the situation of infectious diseases worsens, the state of emergency is extended, or university activities are reduced, the Library may take measures such as temporary closure.
When the change has occurred, we will inform you.
If you have difficulty coming to the library, please check For those who have difficulty coming to the library.
※ The service will be resumed depending on the mode of operations of the university etc.
- Borrowing and returning books
- Photocopying library materials
- Reservation and receiving of books
- Reference question (It takes longer than usual.)
- Borrowing books and delivery article copies from other Libraries
- Using CD-ROM and NDL Digital Collection
- Issuing letters of introduction to other university and institution libraries
- Reissuing of the Unified Authentication password
- Using some seats
- Using study cubicles
- Using seminar rooms by reservations of faculty.
- Student Support Desk
- Exhibition room of the Central Library
- Using Zengaku(campus-wide) printers (Use web print service. )
- Using Zengaku(campus-wide) PCs (Satellite opening status)
- Reservations of Seminar Rooms and Multi-purpose rooms for students
- Using lounges and the refresh zone
(Not available for meals)
- Using some reading spaces
- Use by visitors
The following services are still available.
- Library Web Services (10/13 updated)
- Temporary E-resource Access and Information on COVID-19 (Update from time to time)
- Remote access and usage expanding of Ichushi Web (5/13-)
Requests to users
Thank you for your cooperation to prevent infection.
- Please follow the instructions given by the university.
- Please take care of your condition and refrain from coming to the library if you have any symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or lethargy. You may be asked to present your Health Observation Report(sample form:Excel).
Please note that you do not be allowed to enter the library if you have a fever.
Please wear a mask when you come to the library. If a mask is not available, please practice your cough etiquette by covering your mouth and nose with a handkerchief, bandana, etc.
- Please wash your hands with soap before entering and after leaving the library.
- The library is a common space. Please be careful not to touch your face (eyes, nose, or mouth) with hands that have touched library equipment or materials used by an unspecified number of people.
- Please keep your social distance and refrain from talking to each other. When you line up at the counter, please follow the waiting area on the floor and keep your distance.
- Please keep your stay as short as possible.
Infection control measures of University of Tsukuba Library
Staff wear masks and face guards.
- Placement of vinyl curtains on the counter
- Placement of waiting area markers
- Ventilation of building
- Setting alcohol hand sanitizer
For those who have difficulty coming to the library
If you are unable to visit the library for reasons such as living in a distant location, the following supports will be available until further notice.
Books in University of Tsukuba
- Library accepts requests to borrow and return books by post at the user's expense. Please apply by the form on the page below.
- The borrowing request is limited only 1 time, up to 3 books per day.
- Please be sure to check the return instructions, especially if you want to return.
- If you are unable to return books by post, please notice that to the contact address below.
- Library accepts requests of mailing services of copying documents at the user's expense.
- You can choose either credit card or GENKIN KAKITOME (Currency registration) as the payment method. Please refer to the page "Mailing article copy to your home" for detailed information.
- If you have not registered for "Registration of Inter-Library loan online application (for private expense)" from My Library, please do so in advance.
When the change has occured, information will be provided by the library web page and SNS, etc.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Please check the following information.
- Measures in Response to Novel Coronavirus Disease
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)(Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
- Multilingual Information related to Novel Coronavirus (City of Tsukuba)
For visitors (including Alumnus and Former-staff)
●Those who hold a library card with an expiration date after the suspension of use on March 5th, 2020:
Your borrowing period has been extended for 3 years from the date indicated on your library card.
Please refer to the following page for details on the service to be resumed.
- 2023/05/09 [Central Library] Trial of areas for drink & food resumed at Lounges and Refreshing zone on 2nd floor.
- 2023/02/21 Changed "For Visitors"
- 2022/10/03 Using lounges and the refresh zone(Not available for meals)
- 2022/06/13 Restart the reservations of Seminar Rooms and Multi-purpose rooms for students
- 2021/12/14 Changed "For Visitors"
- 2021/12/3 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/11/19 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/11/02 Change in operation of Zengaku(campus-wide) PCs
- 2021/10/29 added Changing library operations(Otsuka 11/01-)
- 2021/10/21 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/09/30 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/09/03 added credit card payment for mailing copies to home
- 2021/08/06 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/07/20 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/07/01 changed due date of library card users, added "Use of the library by prior inquiry through your institution's library"
- 2021/06/10 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/05/21 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/05/06 reopening of the rare book exhibition room (May 6th-)
- 2021/04/28 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/04/26 added Changing library operations(Otsuka 04/27-)
- 2021/04/08 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/04/02 added Changing library operations(Otsuka 04/06-)
- 2021/03/24 modified support period
- 2021/02/26 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/02/09 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/01/21 changed due date of library card users
- 2021/01/08 added changing Otsuka Library operations(2021/01/12-)
- 2021/01/05 changed due date of library card users
- 12/25 added ILL information for visitors
- 12/23 updated opening status
- 12/18 changed due date of library card users
- 12/2 changed due date of library card users
- 11/18 changed due date of library card users
- 11/2 updated opening status
- 10/30 changed due date of library card users
- 10/27 added changing library operations(11/2-)
- 10/13 changed due date of library card users
- 10/5 updated opening status
- 9/25 added changing opening hours etc.(10/1-), the use of historic materials
- 9/14 updated opening status
- 9/9 added changing opening hours etc.(9/14-)
- 7/22 changed due date of library card users
- 7/17 added links to loan and return form page.
- 7/13 added Otsuka Library permission requirement
- 7/6 changed period of Otsuka Library temporary closure
- 7/2 added Otsuka Library temporary closure and for those who have difficulty coming to the library
- 6/19 arranged page content
- 6/17 added requests for users
- 6/16 added reopening of the Library
- 6/1 updated the due date
- 5/28 added about opening etc.
- 5/8 updated the due date and added loan and copy services for online classes
- 5/1 added closure from 5/7
- 4/23 added about the due date
- 4/21 updated opening status and modified due to changes in opening status
- 4/20 updated opening status and added closure information
- 4/15 added closure from 4/20 and e-resource use expand
- 4/10 added opening status
- 4/9 added Central and Medical Library temporary closure and changing hours
- 4/8 added Otsuka Library temporary closure
- 4/3 added Central and Medical Library temporary closure and changing hours
- 4/2 added Otsuka Library temporary closure
- 3/31 added change of due date for library card users.
- 3/27 changed according to school calendar revision and added Otsuka Library temporary closure
- 3/24 changed usage limitation to "until the date to be determined"
- 3/12 extended usage limitation until 3/31, created the item for visitors
- 3/5 created this page