For those who have difficulty coming to the library, University of Tsukuba Library accepts loan and return books by mailing requests from university members.
Please pay the shipping fee. (From about 800 yen one way. It depends on the number of books, the size, and the distance.)
Please make sure the following points before applying.
Until further notice
Notice for borrowing | Notice for return
- This service is for university members only.
- If the number of applications is reached to the limit, applications will be closed and resumed when applications are acceptable.
- This service is limited to the library books needed to study and research at University of Tsukuba.
- You can apply up to 3 books per day. You can borrow up to your maximum.
- You can request only University of Tsukuba Library books for normal loan. You can not request for books ON loan, reference books and audio visual materials etc. Also, you can not request appendix of the book.
- Mailing within Japan only.
- Please check the Title, Material ID, Call number and location of the books with Tulips Search or OPAC.
- It will take some time to ready.
- We are not able to respond to special requests such as urgent. Some books may be unavailable due to their conditions or other reasons.
- The loan period is calculated from the processing date (which may be different from the date of shipment). The loan period is the same as a usual loan. When you return books by mailing, the return date is the day when the books arrive at the library and the return process is completed. Please see Notice for return.
- The information you provide will not be used for any purpose other than sending books and making inquiries.
How to request for loan
- Please fill out the form below to apply.
- We will send you the books when they are ready.
Please fill out this form.
Please come to the library and return the books as much as possible. When the library is closed, you can return the books to the book post.
As a special case, we will allow you to return the books by mailing only if you have difficulty coming to the library.
Please note the following.
- Please confirm the mailing address with Contact List. Please choice any library of University of Tsukuba.
- Please pay the shipping fee and packing fee. (The cash-on-delivery package cannot be accepted.)
- Please place the books in a plastic bag and pack with cushioning materials to prevent damage.
- Please use “Yu-Pack”, “TA-Q-BIN” or other shipping method with warranty and tracking service. ("Letter Pack" is unavailable because of no warranty.)
- After sending, please inform by the form below of your ID, your name, your e-mail address, name of the destination library, method, and tracking number.
- If you disregard these instructions and the book is lost or damaged beyond repair, you may be held responsible for its replacement.
- The return date is the day when the return process is completed. (It may differ from the delivery date on the tracking service.)
- Generally we do not notify you of the books' arrival. Please check the books have returned on My Library.
- The information you provide will not be used for any purpose other than making inquiries and return works.
Return contact form
Please fill out this form.