In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the University of Tsukuba Library has been closed since Tuesday, April 21, however, in light of the change in the mode of operations of the university, the library will reopen open as follows from Friday, June 19.
The service will be resumed depending on the status of the infectious disease and the mode of operations of the university, but Please note that the library may be closed again due to the spread of infection or other reasons.
The Application of "For Faculty loan services for online classes" and Mailing service of books and copying documents for students writing thesis and dissertations was closed on June 17 (Wed).
Opening status (from June 19)
|Library||day||opening hours||loan hours|
Art & Physical Education
Library and Information Science
|Sat., Sun. and national holidays||Closed||Closed|
(Permission is required for entrance. See notice page.)
|Tue. - Sat.||12:00-19:30||12:00-19:30|
|Sun., Mon. and national holidays||Closed||Closed|
The due date has been changed to June 30.
If you have difficulty coming to the library, please check For those who have difficulty coming to the library.
- Borrowing and returning books
- Photocopying library materials
- Reservation and receiving of books
- Reference question (It takes longer than usual.)
- Borrowing books and delivery article copies from other Libraries
- Using CD-ROM and NDL Digital Collection
- Reissuing of the Unified Authentication password
- Using some seats only for browsing materials
The following services are still available.
- Library Web Services (4/17 updated)
- Temporary E-resource Access and Information on COVID-19 (Update from time to time)
- Remote access and usage expanding of Ichushi Web (5/13-)
- Using reading spaces(most of the seats, seminar rooms, study cubicles and reading service room), lounges and the refresh zone
- Using Zengaku(campus-wide) PCs
- Request for the letter of introduction
- Section of historic materials and Exhibition room of the Central Library
When you want to use historic materials, please contact us in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use by visitors (including Alumnus and Former-staff)
Thank you for your cooperation to prevent infection.
- Please follow the instructions given by the university.
- Please take care of your condition and refrain from coming to the library if you have any symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or lethargy. You may be asked to present your Health Observation Report(sample form:Excel).
Please note that you do not be allowed to enter the library if you have a fever.
- Please wear a mask when you come to the library. If a mask is not available, please practice your cough etiquette by covering your mouth and nose with a handkerchief, bandana, etc.
- Please wash your hands with soap before entering and after leaving the library.
- The library is a common space. Please be careful not to touch your face (eyes, nose, or mouth) with hands that have touched library equipment or materials used by an unspecified number of people.
- Please keep your social distance and refrain from talking to each other. When you line up at the counter, please follow the waiting area on the floor and keep your distance.
- Please keep your stay as short as possible. (around 30 min.)
- Staff wear masks and face guards.
- Placement of vinyl curtains on the counter
- Placement of waiting area markers
- Ventilation of building
- Setting alcohol hand sanitizer
If you are unable to visit the library for reasons such as living in a distant location, the following supports will be available during the spring semester only.
Books in University of Tsukuba
- Library accepts requests to borrow and return books by post at the user's expense. Please apply by the form on the page below.
- The borrowing requests are limited to three books at a time per day.
- Please be sure to check the return instructions, especially if you want to return.
- If you are unable to return books by post, please notice that to the contact address below.
- Library accepts requests of mailing services of copying documents at the user's expense.
- The payment is prepaid. You must send the copying fee in cash and the postage in stamps by GENKIN KAKITOME (Currency registration) after you will be notified of the amount by email.
- Please apply for photocopying through the regular photocopying (private expense) request form and write "request for mailing" and "mailing address" in the message to the library.
- If you have not registered for "Registration of Inter-Library loan online application (for private expense)" from My Library, please do so in advance.
For information on how to submit the application form, please follow the instructions below. The library will contact you.
- Inquire by email from the address registered in the library's email service.
- Subject：Copy registration
- Body：Name and affiliation, request for copies to be mailed to you, and the name of the library you use
When the change has occured, information will be provided by the library web page and SNS, etc.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Please check the following information.
- Measures in Response to Novel Coronavirus Disease
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)(Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
- Multilingual Information related to Novel Coronavirus (City of Tsukuba)
Usage of the library is limited as below to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease.
When the change has occurred, information will be provided by the library web page and SNS, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact us. :Contact List
Period: March 5th (Thu.) -
March 31st (Tue.) until the date to be determined
- Visitors, including who have library card, are requested to refrain from entering the library.
- Issuing and renewing library card will be suspended until resumption.
For library card users
you can return the book to the counter or book post.
- The due date will be changed to October 15.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- 7/22 changed due date of library card users
- 7/17 added links to loan and return form page.
- 7/13 added Otsuka Library permission requirement
- 7/6 changed period of Otsuka Library temporary closure
- 7/2 added Otsuka Library temporary closure and for those who have difficulty coming to the library
- 6/19 arranged page content
- 6/17 added requests for users
- 6/16 added reopening of the Library
- 6/1 updated the due date
- 5/28 added about opening etc.
- 5/8 updated the due date and added loan and copy services for online classes
- 5/1 added closure from 5/7
- 4/23 added about the due date
- 4/21 updated opening status and modified due to changes in opening status
- 4/20 updated opening status and added closure information
- 4/15 added closure from 4/20 and e-resource use expand
- 4/10 added opening status
- 4/9 added Central and Medical Library temporary closure and changing hours
- 4/8 added Otsuka Library temporary closure
- 4/3 added Central and Medical Library temporary closure and changing hours
- 4/2 added Otsuka Library temporary closure
- 3/31 added change of due date for library card users.
- 3/27 changed according to school calendar revision and added Otsuka Library temporary closure
- 3/24 changed usage limitation to "until the date to be determined"
- 3/12 extended usage limitation until 3/31, created the item for visitors
- 3/5 created this page