This service is offered to members of University of Tsukuba.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based tool for managing reference documents.
It can import database search results to build and manage your personal bibliographic database.
In addition, you can drag and drop PDF files to import the text and bibliography, and highlight and comment on attached files. Upload capacity is unlimited.
You can access and manage your own document information from any location( on and off campus) and any computer.
Please click the following logo to access RefWorks.
About supported browsers
Please use the following supported browsers.
Google Chrome(Recommendation), Firefox(Recommendation), Safari, Microsoft Edge（*Internet Explore is not supported.）
About Legacy RefWorks (RefWorks2.0)
The legacy RefWorks was no longer offered as of June 30, 2023.
Creating an Account
Using RefWorks for the first time, please create your account.
- Go to the RefWorks page.
- Click "Create account".
- Enter your university email address and select "Check".
- Create a password that has at least 6 characters, use at least one number and one letter, and select "Sign Up".
- You will receive an activation email from RefWorks. Open the URL in the email.
- Fill in the fields of name and position of the setting screen.
Access for Alumni - RefWorks Alumni Program -
RefWorks can be used by alumni.
Please select "Alumni" and change the email address to use after graduation in the setting screan.
* If you do not access RefWorks for 6 months or more, the account may be deleted.
* This program is conducted only during under contract to RefWorks.
RefWorks supports easy loading of data from a number of databases.
* Note that it may not be available due to not being contracted by the university.
* There are restrictions on the databases that can be used with off-campus access.
Major databases available
CiNii, Ichushi Web, EBSCOhost, Google Scholar, JSTOR, ProQuest, ScienceDirect, Taylor Francis Online, SAGE, Cambridge Core etc.
The detailed usage can be found at the following URL.
Please contact us if you would like to connect with off-campus access.
- RefWorks User Guide (Sunmedia Website)(Japanese)
- RefWorks User Guide (Ex Libris's website)(English)