What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based tool for managing reference documents.
This is software for loading search results from document databases to create and manage a database of personal reference documents. Since it is a web-based system, you can access and manage your own document information from any location and any computer.
This service is offered to members of University of Tsukuba.
How to Access
You can use RefWorks in the same way on and off Campus.
Since the renewal to the library system, the login procedure has changed.(March 2019)
Users who created the account before February 2019 Login via Unified Authentication System
Users who created the account after March 2019 Login by the personal account
Creating an Account
Using RefWorks for the first time, please perform the procedure below on the campus network to register as a user.
- Click "Users who created the account after March 2019” at this web page.
- Sign Up for a New Account.
- After confirming that you are on the screen for “Next, Create Account University of Tsukuba,” enter your mail address.
- Click “Next,” and enter your name, relevant fields, and type of user.
- Click the “Create Account” button.
Switching from Unified Authentication System to the personal account login
Please perform the procedure below on the campus network.
Please refer to backing up and restoring an account.pdf (Japanese / 144 KB).
- Click "Users who created the account before February 2019" at this web page, and back up contents from the Tools menu.
- Click "Users who created the account after March 2019” at this web page, create a new accont.
- Restore the backup contents to the new accont.
Access for Alumni ? RefWorks Alumni Program ?
RefWorks can be used by alumni.
※ If you do not access RefWorks for 6 months or more, the account may be deleted.
※ This program is conducted only during under contract to RefWorks.
Users who login via Unified Authentication System
During your enrollment, please be sure to perform the procedure following "Switching from Unified Authentication System to the personal account login". At that time, please set "Type of Users" of a new account to "Alumni".
Users who login by the personal account
Please select "Alumni" in the "Type of Users" and change the email address to use after graduation in RefWorks' "Update Profile".
RefWorks supports easy loading of data from a number of databases. The list of supported databases can be found at the following URL.
Note that the list contains some paid-content databases that cannot be accessed because University of Tsukuba has no contract for access.
There are restrictions on the databases that can be used with off-campus access.
The detailed usage can be found at the following URL.
User Guide http://www.sunmedia.co.jp/e-port/refworks/pdf/userguide-rwrs20.pdf (in Japanese)