Finding Books / Periodicals
Basic Use Method
- Change the item checked in the top page search window to [OPAC search].
- Enter the title of the book or journal, or keywords about the topic of your search, then click the search button. 
Examples: Environment Education
- Click on the title of the book or periodical that you want to view.
- A Search Result in Detail will be displayed. Make a note of [Call number], and click on [Location].
- Use the displayed map to go and search the stacks.
＊The videos below provide more information. (Spoken and subtitled in Japanese.)
Finding E-Journals / E-Books
- University of Tsukuba Library E-Journals / E-Books List
- This can be accessed from your home using remote access.
If It Is Not in the University of Tsukuba Library Collection…
- CiNii Books
- You can search the information about the collections (books, journals) held at university libraries, etc. throughout Japan. Service provided by the National Institute of Informatics (NII).
- Catalog of National Diet Library.
- To just make a search, you can use the Guest Login [ゲストログイン] on the right side under “No registered ID?”.
- Ibaraki prefecture libraries network[in Japanese]
- It is also possible to search the collections of the public libraries in Ibaraki prefecture. Inter-library loans are possible between the public libraries throughout the prefecture.
- This is the largest cooperative library catalog in the world. It is possible to search the collections of various libraries throughout the world, mainly in North America. If there is something you cannot find in a collection in Japan, try searching here.
＊If you cannot find the materials you are looking for, please inquire at the Reference Desk.