The Reference desk offers consultation services on materials searches. Feel free to ask at the Reference desk for assistance with tasks like the following.
Inquiries can also be made by email. [On-line form here]
For University Students and Staff Members
- How to use the library
- Material location search
- Bibliographic information search
- How to find documents
- How to use the databases and electronic journals
- Support for document searches on specific topics
- Request for letters of introduction to visit other universities/institutions etc.
For the General Public
We will investigate whether the material being sought is available at University of Tsukuba Library.
For other inquiries, please contact your local public library or the library at your institution.
Requests That Cannot Be Handled
- Answers to questions for class work
- Providing survey or research services
- Medical or legal consultations
- Anything related to personal privacy
- Anything that is outside the scope of research support tasks at University of Tsukuba Library etc.
Check Here First – Useful Site Links
- Research Navi (National Diet Library): Introduces ways to efficiently search for the information being sought.
- Collaborative Reference Database (National Diet Library): A database for searching for research projects conducted throughout Japan.
- Document Searches using the Internet 2016 (in Japanese) (Tamio Ito): A collection of information about databases and websites related to library materials.
Having Trouble Writing a Report or Paper?
The Student Support Desk in the Central Library Learning Square has graduate student Learning Advisers who offer support to all students. Click here for details.
Central Library - Reference desk
9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays
Art and Physical Education Library - Counter
Medical Library - Counter
Library on Library and Information Science - Counter
Otsuka Library - Counter
10:30 am - 6:30 pm on Monday