* For latest information, please check Preventive measures against coronavirus disease page.
To prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection, the all libraries was closed from April 21, however, in response to " Change in the Mode of Operations Based on the COVID-19 Situation", the Library of University of Tsukuba Library will be opened as follows with measures to control the spread of the new coronavirus.
* The application of Mailing service of books and copying documents for students writing thesis and dissertations and "For Faculty loan services for online classes" will be closed at 5pm on June 17 (Wed.).
Period: from June 19 (Fri.) until further notice
|Library||day||opening hours||loan hours|
Art & Physical Education
Library and Information Science
|Sat., Sun. and national holidays||Closed||Closed|
|Otsuka||Tue. - Sat.||12:00-19:30||12:00-19:30|
|Sun., Mon. and national holidays||Closed||Closed|
* Decisions about expanding opening hours and resuming services of libraries will be made in consideration of the University's activity policy etc.
- Borrowing and returning books
- Photocopying library materials
- Reservation and receiving of books
- Reference question (It takes longer than usual.)
- Borrowing books and delivery article copies from other Libraries
- Using CD-ROM and NDL Digital Collection
- Reissuing of the Unified Authentication password
- Using some seats only for browsing materials
- Using reading spaces(most of the seats, seminar rooms, study cubicles and reading service room), lounges and the refresh zone
- Using Zengaku(campus-wide) PCs
- Request for the letter of introduction
- Section of historic materials and Exhibition room of the Central Library
When you want to use historic materials, please contact us in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use by visitors (including Alumnus and Former-staff)
Requests to users
Thank you for your cooperation to prevent infection.
- Please follow the instructions given by the university.
- Please take care of your condition and refrain from coming to the library if you have any symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or lethargy. You may be asked to present your Health Observation Report(sample form:Excel).
Please note that you do not be allowed to enter the library if you have a fever.
- Please wear a mask when you come to the library. If a mask is not available, please practice your cough etiquette by covering your mouth and nose with a handkerchief, bandana, etc.
- Please wash your hands with soap before entering and after leaving the library.
- The library is a common space. Please be careful not to touch your face (eyes, nose, or mouth) with hands that have touched library equipment or materials used by an unspecified number of people.
- Please keep your social distance and refrain from talking to each other. When you line up at the counter, please follow the waiting area on the floor and keep your distance.
- Please keep your stay as short as possible. (around 30 min.)
Infection control measures of University of Tsukuba Library
- Staff wear masks and face guards.
- Placement of vinyl curtains on the counter
- Placement of waiting area markers
- Ventilation of building
- Setting alcohol hand sanitizer
Depending on future conditions, we may decide to expand or reduce the openings and services.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and cooperation in order to prevent the spread of infectious.