In order to support teaching and learning in the COVID-19 pandemic, the library will hold an eBook trial campaign.
During the campaign period, users will be able to try out approximately 70,000 Japanese books and 1.4 million foreign books from the following eBook platforms for free for five minutes per title, as well as make purchase requests to the library.
Titles that have been viewed or requested a lot will be considered for purchase by the library. Please take this opportunity to try out the eBooks, which are convenient for study and research at home.
Faculty, staff and students affiliated with the University of Tsukuba
Period *Period extended!
Monday, June 7, 2021 - Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Eligible eBook Platforms
A domestic academic e-book platform provided by Kinokuniya. Approximately 30,000 Japanese books are available.
A platform provided by Maruzen-Yushodo Co., Ltd. that allows you to use approximately 70,000 Japanese books specializing in academic information.
Approximately 1.4 million foreign books published by approximately 650 publishers, including major academic publishers, are available from a single platform.
How to use
- Click on the platform name above to access the respective site. If you are connecting from off-campus, please log in with your ID and password for unified authentication before using the site.
- Search by keyword, etc.
- You will be able to read the full text of the titles you wish to try for 5 minutes per title, with unlimited simultaneous access.
(Some titles may not be available for trial reading due to publisher restrictions.）
- After 5 minutes, you will be redirected to the end-of-use or request screen. If you want to continue reading, please wait for a while and connect again.
- You can send a purchase request to the library by clicking "Request" button. Please feel free to send us your suggestions.
- When you finish using the site, be sure to click the "End browsing" button to exit.
＊For detailed information on how to use each site, please refer to the following [User Guide].
- The eBook for the trial is available for reading only. Printing and downloading are not available.
Each platform contains eBooks that have already been purchased by the University of Tsukuba. You can see them in the display. These can be printed or downloaded as far as the publisher permits.
- Requested materials will not be purchased immediately. After a certain period of time, we will decide the title to purchase based on the number of views and requests.
- There is no limit to the number of books that can be requested, but not all of the requested books will be purchased.
- Note to faculty and staff：EBooks that can be requested must be for the purpose of supporting online teaching and learning. Books for faculty and staff research are not eligible for this service.If you would like to purchase materials directly related to your classes, please refer to the "Course Reserves" or "Faculty Book Recommendations" pages and apply using the designated method. We will respond them as soon as possible.
User guide(PDF)(in Japanese)
Reference (eBooks already purchased by the University of Tsukuba)
Please refer to the "E-Books" page linked from the University Library top page.