Service for University of Tsukuba members only Maximum number of users at one time: 3
Can be accessed from off-campus connection (remote access).
Kikuzo II Visual is a high-speed article search service provided by Asahi Shimbun Company.
It is possible to search and view data from January 1879 to the present.
There is also a ”Chiezo(Knowledge Warehouse) Search” function available.
* When you click “login to Kikuzo II Visual” button, the Kikuzo II Visual search window will appear.
* After you log in, there is also a choice of a “人物” (People database search), but this cannot be used under the terms of the agreement concluded by University of Tsukuba.
Connecting from on-campus
Connecting to Kikuzo II Visual from 0ff-campus via remote access
If you are on-campus, this link dose not work.
- Request for cooperation
- Kikuzo II Visual can only be accessed by 5 people at the same time.
After you complete your search, be sure click the “ログアウト” (Logout) button so that other users may access the service.
- Automatic termination
- The session will be terminated automatically if there is no activity for 10 minutes or more. In such a case, start again from this screen.
＊The session will continue while you repeat searching and displaying the article text from the list of titles. If you do not perform any actions from a window, or jump to a completely different web site, the session will be terminated automatically after a certain amount of time passes. Log in again to continue.
- If the PC freezes
- If the browser or PC freezes and there is a forced termination, it will not be possible to re-enter the service until the specified period of time passes (about 10 minutes), and the session is terminated automatically. In the case of an agreement that permits multiple access from the same ID, it will be possible to immediately enter the service, but it will mean that you have two simultaneous sessions on a single PC.
- IMPORTANT NOTE
- ☆Adobe ® Reader ® is required in order to view images of the printed newspapers from 1945 ~ 1984 (post-war issues), and images extracted in and after November 2005.
There is a CD-ROM version of the Asahi Shimbun article search database “CD-HIASK,” Library on Library and Information Science, 1993 through 2001.
You have to replace the CD-ROM and perform the search separately for each year.
Only articles from the national edition of the newspaper are included. In the same way as for the Kikuzo service, there are some articles written by outside authors for which the text cannot be displayed due to copyright restrictions, etc.
It is possible to download to a USB memory, but due to copyright restrictions, there is a limit on the number of items that can be downloaded at one time.