- Service for University of Tsukuba members only.
- Maximum number of users at one time: 3
Can be accessed from off-campus connection (remote access).
Asahi Shimbun Cross-Search is a high-speed article search service provided by Asahi Shimbun Company.
It is possible to search and view data from January 1879 to the present.
There is also a ”Chiezo(Knowledge Warehouse) Search” function available.
Notes about Use
●Downloading of article data, whether manual or systematic, is strictly prohibited.
●Electronic storage or transmission by e-mail is also prohibited.
●The service may not be used for Japanese language analysis, nor may it be used for automatic search by programs.
If any of the "Prohibited Activities" are discovered, the entire university may be blocked from accessing the site.
If access is blocked, it may cause a great deal of trouble for all users on campus. Please keep the above in mind when using the database.
A User is permitted to use the Service solely for personal purposes such as browsing, inquiries or research. A User may also print out the retrieved results solely for the personal use stipulated above, provided that the volume of such printouts shall be reasonable and consistent with such personal use. The User must follow any and all instructions from the Licensee in relation to the access and the use of the Service.
In connection with the Service and the Data, a User may not be allowed to take the following actions:
- Use of the Data that could infringe a third party's privacy, integrity, and / or other rights;
- Use of the Service as a source of language analysis, or to run an automatic crawling of information through the Service;
- Distributing mails and other forms of advertisement while extracting the contact information contained within the Data;
- Downloading massive amounts of data in a short period of time;
- Unauthorized use of the Service, including searches which could either damage or overload Licensor’s system and equipment, and which could cause interference with the normal provision of the Service. In such a case, Licensor may proceed to suspend the use of the Service.
- In addition to the above, any act that the Licensor deems to be inappropriate.
* When you click “login to Asahi Shimbun Cross-Search” button, the Asahi Shimbun Cross-Search search window will appear.
- Connecting to Asahi Shimbun Cross-Search from on-campus
- Connecting to Asahi Shimbun Cross-Search from off-campus
- Request for cooperation
- Asahi Shimbun Cross-Search can only be accessed by 5 people at the same time.
After you complete your search, be sure click the “ログアウト” (Logout) button so that other users may access the service.
- Automatic termination
- The session will be terminated automatically if there is no activity for 10 minutes or more. In such a case, start again from this screen.
＊The session will continue while you repeat searching and displaying the article text from the list of titles. If you do not perform any actions from a window, or jump to a completely different web site, the session will be terminated automatically after a certain amount of time passes. Log in again to continue.
- If the PC freezes
- If the browser or PC freezes and there is a forced termination, it will not be possible to re-enter the service until the specified period of time passes (about 10 minutes), and the session is terminated automatically. In the case of an agreement that permits multiple access from the same ID, it will be possible to immediately enter the service, but it will mean that you have two simultaneous sessions on a single PC.
- IMPORTANT NOTE
- ☆Adobe ® Reader ® is required in order to view images of the printed newspapers from 1945 ~ 1984 (post-war issues), and images extracted in and after November 2005.
There is a CD-ROM version of the Asahi Shimbun article search database “CD-HIASK,” Library on Library and Information Science, 1993 through 2001.
You have to replace the CD-ROM and perform the search separately for each year.
Only articles from the national edition of the newspaper are included. In the same way as for the Asahi Shimbun Cross-Search service, there are some articles written by outside authors for which the text cannot be displayed due to copyright restrictions, etc.
It is possible to download to a USB memory, but due to copyright restrictions, there is a limit on the number of items that can be downloaded at one time.