We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the restrictions on the use of the library to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus. Although it is difficult to resume the full use of the library due to the uncontrolled spread of the infection, the library will be reopened to visitors who meet the following conditions.
Please refrain from visiting during the Declaration of State of Emergency. Please set the visiting date after finished the Declaration of State of Emergency. (August 23, 2021)
We will make a decision on the regular use of the library by non-University users depending on the status of the infection, so please wait for a while.
※Please note that depending on the status of the infectious disease, you may not be allowed to enter the library.
※Most of the library's materials can be borrowed and photocopied through university libraries and public libraries,so please consider using the interlibrary loan service as much as possible.
Conditions of use
You may enter the library if you meet all of the following conditions 1 through 3.
- For research or study, when it is necessary to use specific materials that are owned by the University of Tsukuba Library and are difficult to browse other than University of Tsukuba Library.
- When it is difficult to use the book borrowing or copy ordering service through your institution's library.
- When you have applied for the use of specific materials in advance through your institution's library and our library has granted permission.
Procedures for use
- Please apply at least two weeks in advance through your institution's library. Please indicate the materials you wish to browse and the date you wish to browse them. The service hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on weekdays (from 10:30 am to 6:15 pm on weekdays at Otsuka Library).
- Upon receiving an inquiry from your institution's library, we will investigate and reply to your institution's library regarding the availability of the service. If it is possible to use the library, a "reservation form" will be issued.
- When you are contacted by your institution's library, you should receive a "reservation form".
- When you come to our library, please present your "reservation form" at the counter and fill out the application form for vsitors (including the items to check your physical condition).
- Please follow the instructions of the counter staff. Please keep your stay as short as possible.
【Request to all】
- Please take your temperature and record your physical condition every day for two weeks prior to your scheduled visit, and make sure that you do not have any physical condition that could be suspected of being infected.
- Please wear a mask in the library.
- Wash your hands with soap or disinfect your hands before entering and after leaving the library.
- We may check your body temperature before entering the library. (You will not be admitted if you are feeling unwell, or if your temperature is above 37.5°C.)
- If you feel unwell after entering the library, please inform the staff and leave the library immediately.
【In case of refusal to enter】
Entry will be denied in the following cases.
- If you have a fever or other health problems on the day of your visit.
- When the PCR test or other tests are positive and you are diagnosed as being infected with the new coronavirus.
- If you do not cooperate with our measures against new coronavirus infection, such as not wearing a mask.
In addition, please refrain from visiting the library if you have had any health problems or if you suspect that you have had contact with a person infected with the new coronavirus as described below within two weeks prior to your visit.
- If you have had a fever or other health problems between two weeks prior to your scheduled visit and the day of your visit (excludes cases where PCR testing is deemed unnecessary after consulting with your primary care doctor or public health center).
- If contact with a person infected with the new coronavirus is known (excluding cases where by the public health center determines that PCR testing is unnecessary or where more than two weeks have passed since the day after the last contact).
- If your housemate will take a PCR test (exclude if your housemate's PCR result was negative).
- If you are identified as a close contact and within two weeks of the day after the last contact with the infected person.
The University of Tsukuba is responding to infectious diseases according to the "Summary of Responses to Novel Coronavirus Infections" (https://www.tsukuba.ac.jp/en/important-notice/20201202174500.html). We ask for your cooperation in this effort.
【What to do after use】
・If, during the first two weeks of your visit to our library, you feel ill, suspecting that you have been infected with the new coronavirus, or if you are found to have an infectious disease, please follow the policies of the national or local government and contact the counter of the library you visited as soon as possible.
・Please note that in the event that you contact us as described above, or in the event that there is an outbreak of new coronavirus infection at the university, we may provide with the public health center the personal information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address) and the date and time of use (including the time of entry and exit) that you provided. Even in such cases, the personal information provided will not be used for any purpose other than the prevention of the spread of the new coronavirus.