How to enter the library
No reservation required. (Except using the rare book collection. Please contact Section of Historic materials by email.)All visitors must be given and wear a visitor's badge. Please fill in the application form and receive a visitor's badge at main counter
How to make the Library Card
- You want to use the University of Tsukuba Library continuously.
- You are age 18 or over.
- You are not the student of other college, vocational college or high-school.
|3 vols.||3 weeks||No||No|
- Only general library materials can be borrowed. Magazines, reference materials, and certain medical reference publications are not available for borrowing.
- You are not allowed to lend library materials to a third party.
- If the item(s) you have borrowed are requested by another university-affiliated user for the purposes of education or research, or if the library deems it necessary, you must return the borrowed items as soon as possible.
- Overdue penalty:
- If there is even a single book which is not returned within the specified period (an overdue book), new lending of a book is suspended.
- Your borrowing privileges will be suspended from the day after your borrowed items are due (in the case that you are late in returning library items), and you will not be able to borrow items for a period of time equivalent to the number of days your borrowed items were overdue.
- If you are more than one month late in returning borrowed items, your library privileges will be revoked. You will also be unable to apply for a new Library Card.
How to register for a Library Card
Come to Main Counter at each library. Registration service is open from Monday to Friday (9:00 to 17:00), except for seasonal closures. Note that libraries opening hours are different to those of our Registration service.
- Proof of your identity and current address in Japan. You will need to show one of the following: Alien registration card, Driving Licence
- Postal card with 52yen stamp (We use it for Proof of your address)
- ID Photo (3 x 2.4 cm)
- Application Form(PDF 138KB)
- You will receive the Library Card in exchange for the postal card.
- You should allow at least 7 working days to receive the postal card.
- Your Library Card will be valid for a year from the application.