We will accept recommendations of books for students (including graduate students) that can contribute to their studies and broaden their education.
The books should be liberal arts related, and those highly technical ones for limited number of students are excluded.
- For recommending books related to classes, apply by Syllabus Book Recommendation or Course Reserves.
- Journals and databases are excluded.
- This is not intended for faculty members’ research purposes.
- The recommended books will be placed on the general stack after purchase.
- The recommended books can be checked on the List of Book Recommendations for Students page on the library’s website.
- Only University of Tsukuba faculty members (including lecturers [non-full-time]) can make recommendations.
- Recommendations should be made within the range of \50,000 or less per book, and \100,000 or less a month per person.
- Depending on the budget situation, acceptance of applications may be stopped during the fiscal year.
Recommendations are accepted any time in the following format:
Faculty Recommendation of Books for Students Application Form (in Japanese language) （EXCEL file | 30KB）
Attach the application form and send an e-mail to the Application/Inquiry Contact. You will be notified when the book has been purchased and placed in the library stack.
University of Tsukuba Library, Division of Information Processing and Management
(Collection Development Section)
Ext. 2346 ／ E-mail: sensho#@#tulips.tsukuba.ac.jp (Replace “#@#” with “@”)