(※Former name: LexisNexis)
Lexis.com ends the service on December 31, 2017.
For the successor service "Lexis Advance", please refer here.
Service is only for University of Tsukuba members (enrolled students, full-time faculty and staff)
Application for use is required
lexis.com provides access to the latest global information from more than 30,000 sources, including the laws of countries around the world, corporate information, industry trends, and news. →→Outline of the database (in Japanese)
- Major world newspaper, magazine articles
- Overview and financial information on major world companies
- Industry/ Market information
- Information about people
- Science / Technology
- U.S. Public Records
- U.S. Legal cases
- U.S. Constitution / Statutes / Regulations
- U.S. Congressional bills / Congress
- U.S. government documents
- Law information other than U.S
- Law Review / Journal full-text articles
- Law secondary material
- Intellectual property rights
Source information search (recorded content) Searchable Directory of Online Sources
Please use successor service "Lexis Advance"
- An ID and password are required. For details, refer to the previous section “Application.”
- After obtaining an ID and password, access from off-campus will be possible.
- Cookies must be enabled in order to use this service. Be sure to turn “Cookies” ON
- When you have completed your search, please click the “Sign Off“button.
- There are no limits on the number of simultaneous users.
- The university’s contract is for the lexis.com service. LexisNexis JP is a separate service, and is not available.
- On the LexisNexis site, there is a Custom ID function that allows you to freely set your ID and password, but this Custom ID is not connected in any way to the library. (if you forget your Custom ID or password, there is nothing that the library can do to assist.)
If you forget a password that you have set yourself, click “Forgot your Password?” on the login screen at lexis.com, enter the answer to the security question that you set, and reset the password.
If your ID starts with “TSU” or you don’t know the answer to the security question, contact the reference desk. It will take about 1 week to reissue the password.